Objectives of MAAS
- To undertake and promote interdisciplinary teaching, research and publications in Anthropological Sciences.
- To undertake intervention activities and research by integrating theory, method and practice.
- To undertake and organize training and research programmes, seminars, symposia and conferences in Anthropological Sciences.
- To explore ways and means for significant participation of marginalized and disadvantaged groups in the development process as per the principles of equity in line with culture and aspirations.
- To orient development agencies, administrators, activists and people towards holistic approach of development.
- To provide consultancy to government and other organizations to promote and design policy planning, programme formulation, implementation and evaluation.
- To support and expand partnerships and networks among social, behavioural, health and bio-medical sciences to promote the perspectives and methods of Anthropological Sciences.
- To fathom and document indigenous knowledge and wisdom.